View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2018, 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ending.....thoughts? (SPOILERS) (SPOILERS) !! 

PSN ID: Overpassed
Posse Name: 1st Carolina Rifles
Post Re: Ending.....thoughts? (SPOILERS) (SPOILERS) !!
for me personally, i didn't really like the ending=/ as the story went on i really started to like john as a character, his voice and personality. i was already sad when i saw uncle getting killed and shocked when marston got slaughtered. It'll take some time to get used to jack eventhough i know his John's son and a great guy anyway... Wish the ending had been different..

June 3rd, 2010, 12:59 pm

XBL GamerTag: LegendaryFroggy
PSN ID: LegendaryFroggy
Posse Name: The Exodus Boys
I was all like :woohoo I finished the game!! Then i was all :mad cause I had to do more retarded farm missions. But I was :shock when they mowed down John. I think Edgar Ross is a little :loco

My Gamercard

June 3rd, 2010, 4:44 pm
Profile WWW

A soundtrack in the ending could be Bullet for My Valentine - A Place Where You Belong

listen to the lyrics.. it's like Jack's song to John in most parts

June 4th, 2010, 4:57 am

and btw, i was so relieved when i got to slaughter edgar ross and have my revenge...

June 4th, 2010, 11:26 am

XBL GamerTag: BlindChicken
I thought the ending was very fitting. Very much like the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Marston knew the government would hound him tot he ends of the Earth and if he didn't end it at the Ranch, his family could easily be killed along with him. So he walked out into the hail of bullets, knowing his wife and son would be safer without him.

Though it did cross my mind that since there's an honor system, maybe the ending should have varied depending how much honor John had. If had a lot of honor, maybe he would be spared. But if the player played him like a stone cold killer, wiping out civilians and stealing horses and running around with a huge bounty...than Ross and the army would hunt him down in the end and blow him away.

June 6th, 2010, 11:38 pm

XBL GamerTag: WildWest Reaper
PSN ID: BigPhilW
BlindChicken wrote:
Though it did cross my mind that since there's an honor system, maybe the ending should have varied depending how much honor John had. If had a lot of honor, maybe he would be spared. But if the player played him like a stone cold killer, wiping out civilians and stealing horses and running around with a huge bounty...than Ross and the army would hunt him down in the end and blow him away.

That would have been a cool idea. That would give people more of a reason to play it over for a different result. I thought the ending was still pretty cool as it was, but now that it's over, I'm not sure I'm going to play through it a second time.

My Gamercard

June 7th, 2010, 3:36 am

XBL GamerTag: Macaziod
Code:
John knew it had to end like that for the goverment to leave his family alone for good or else he would have just thrown a stick of tnt in there face

BF:BC2

Get Microsoft Silverlight

June 9th, 2010, 1:49 pm

XBL GamerTag: Zack Ronin
PSN ID: Zack Sparda
Well here's the thing, like you said John knew it was coming. He even said during the battle he always knew it would end like this. Dutch told him that they'll always find another monster, and all they had to do was look to John to find such a monster. The overall tone of the game really reminded me of Unforgiven, it was definitely along the same lines. I was pretty saddened and upset by what happened to John, but it was fitting and it fit within the context of the story.

Also the man from I Know You is NOT in the firing line. That's been proven false :P but I will say this, he isn't the Devil. He doesn't try to convince John to do bad things, he just tells him what choices he has to make in the situations before him. He also never shows any malicious intent toward John. Its far more likely that the stranger from I Know You is God. He says He's an Accountant, tending to his accounts. So he's looking over John's soul, trying to judge if he should be allowed to head to Heaven. He also walks around the exact place John and the rest of his family are buried saying This is a nice spot, and what a beautiful spot it is. The stranger also casually mentions he had a son at one point, probably Jesus Christ.

I'm looking forward to seeing if there is a sequel for this game, it would be very fitting to continue Jack's story. I find Jack's fate in the end to be pretty tragic, as he was going to be a writer or a lawyer, and instead he becomes a gunslinger, a killer, and an outlaw. The exact life his father and mother did not want for him, and I'd say he's the most effected out of all people from the ending, as it completely changes the person he becomes.

June 11th, 2010, 3:45 pm

XBL GamerTag: Chariot0
Posse Name: Vanguard
I thought the ending was awesome. I didn't cry when John died but after finishing the game I was telling my wife what happened and I found myself getting choked up talking about it.

Its funny that people are saying Jack's voice is annoying. I guess it kinda is. But I think the character is great. He's angry at what the government did to him. He finally got his dad back, they finally started to bond, and then his dad was killed. When John died he had honor of +100. Now with Jack he has honor of -100.

Oh and when Jack gets on a browning he says "I never had toys when I was a kid". Love that line right before I mow down a bunch of bastards.

June 28th, 2010, 10:12 am

PSN ID: Drunk_Shotz
I didnt cry. It was very emotional tho... Rockstar really got you to love you character this time around.

September 11th, 2010, 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2