View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How to WIN a duel? 

XBL GamerTag: nerdwerds
PSN ID: nerdwerds
Posse Name: the Midwest Manitou
Post How to WIN a duel?
I have no idea how to win a duel. They're so hard to find to begin with and then when I am in the middle of dueling, I can paint targets on my opponent but I have no idea how to START FIRING my gun. My opponent always ends up shooting me and killing me.
Could anybody help me here?

May 19th, 2010, 3:04 pm

XBL GamerTag: Da420milkman
Posse Name: Punch Drunk Posse
Post Re: How to WIN a duel?
Sure thing Mr.!

In a duel you start off faceing each other. It says to get ready. Then when it begins You must direct with your left joy stick where your gonna aim. Then Try to be the first to press right trigger, where your first bullets gonna be, then the next and so forth. Keep pressing the right trigger and placeing x's where you wanna shoot untill your fight meter bar is full. Then you shall have won the duel. Unless your a terrible aim. In that case, you are a terrible aim, you shoulda never bought the game. LoL hope this helps good sir.

Now i must be off to my liquar bottle, and Marshal dutys.

My Gamercard

May 19th, 2010, 3:14 pm

No, that doesn't seem to work for me.
All of my "marks" are on my opponent's head - so I would assume I have perfect aim and I'm still losing.

May 19th, 2010, 5:18 pm

nerdwerds wrote:
No, that doesn't seem to work for me.
All of my "marks" are on my opponent's head - so I would assume I have perfect aim and I'm still losing.

Look, you start aiming, at the foot. So why on earth would your first mark be on the head? Thats downright ignorant.

It takes a much longer time to aim for the head then it does LEG.

If you draw first youll have more time but less accuracy. If you take a longer time to get to your first mark you will be shot first.

If you shoot the foot or leg first then the body then the head, your chances of hitting him and ending up killing him is greater.

If you are on the evil side of the law, Duels by you cheating in poker you will have less chance to win.

If you are dueling a challanger you will have more chances.

Try the leg first.

My Gamercard

May 19th, 2010, 5:33 pm

XBL GamerTag: scatteredashes
PSN ID: DynamitesNeon
Wow, ignorant?

Try aiming for the right hand, before doing anything else.

My Gamercard

May 19th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Sheriff wrote:
Look, you start aiming, at the foot. So why on earth would your first mark be on the head? Thats downright ignorant.

Oh, and I suppose in your version of reality it's physically impossible to move the aiming reticule up to the head and then spam the right trigger... amirite?

Maybe I should make a video of what I'm doing, then you can see it for yourself.

May 20th, 2010, 2:41 am

When you start your gun its below the feet, it takes more time for you to shoot your first bullet, on the head then it does for him to shoot you.

Its all about getting the first shot. Try shooting thr foot and work your way up the body to the head.

Yes a video would be really nice.

My Gamercard

May 20th, 2010, 3:09 am

XBL GamerTag: The Phonebooth
What Sheriff is trying too explain to you is that,if you take the time to travel up to the head to place your first shot your chances of beating the other duelist are slightly decreased..

As your aiming your recticle (obviously) the other NPC is doing the same.I know because i use to make the same mistake of trying for the head.

Start at the groin and slam the right trigger till your meater is full (should only take 6-7 presses) then you will start fireing.

But if you continue to wait too start pressing the R trigger till you get to your opponents head.He's prob gonna shoot first and kill you.

Hope that helped..if it doesn't, I don't know what to tell you,don't do duels?

My Gamercard

May 20th, 2010, 7:58 am

The Phonebooth wrote:
Start at the groin and slam the right trigger till your meater is full (should only take 6-7 presses) then you will start fireing.

Actually, this statement might be more accurate to how duels are won. I've been dueling with a Volcanic Pistol which carries 8 shots, and I think you have to unload your entire gun - so spamming the trigger might take longer if you have to press the trigger 8 times as opposed to 6. When I switch to he -shooter that I started the game with I started wining every duel because now I only have to press the trigger 6 times.

May 20th, 2010, 5:24 pm

XBL GamerTag: The Phonebooth
nerdwerds wrote:
The Phonebooth wrote:

Actually, this statement might be more accurate to how duels are won. I've been dueling with a Volcanic Pistol which carries 8 shots, and I think you have to unload your entire gun - so spamming the trigger might take longer if you have to press the trigger 8 times as opposed to 6. When I switch to he -shooter that I started the game with I started wining every duel because now I only have to press the trigger 6 times.

Great you figured it out..and tbh i hadn't thought of the fact you had to unload your entire gun.Good work bro

My Gamercard

May 21st, 2010, 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next