View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Creepy Thing In Single Player (Spoilers) 

XBL GamerTag: n/a
PSN ID: Dakota822
XFire: n/a
Posse Name: WwL~
Post Creepy Thing In Single Player (Spoilers)
So im sure most have you have come into contact with the "mystery man" in RDR, hes one of the random strangers you meet, but he never tells you his name and somehow knows everything about you. After reading something about ghost in RDR on here I searched some stuff on youtube and thought this was a pretty cool easter egg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m997QFCEHHk

Really read the description, it has a lot of good stuff in it. The thing that got me was when I read that he appears where your grave site is at the end of the game during one of his encounters and refers to it as "A fine spot." A lot of the comments have some good ideas also if you wanna check them out.

Also just read this: "he greatest evidence that he is god is that the dialogue there are 3 things that he says in this scene such as:
1. He says that his is there "doing his accounts" and tells John he is a "accountant in a way"
2. He asks John is this is a nice spot which John agrees which is eventually where John is buried.
3. Finally the most important part when John says "Dam You" he says "Yes, Many Have" which could be a reference to the phrase "God Dam You"

June 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

XBL GamerTag: ClintEaststick
Post Re: Creepy Thing In Single Player (Spoilers)
Most including me believe he is god.

In the last encounter he says that John so easily takes life and he hopes that his "son", meaning Jesus Christ, may one day grow up to be just like John.

He has an attire similar to death and the devil but he gives John a choice as to weather he should do the "bad" or "good" thing, meaning that he is good or Neutral, he could possibly be death because of the taking life comment and the accountant comment, but i tend to think he is God because he is invincible, doesn't have and really distinct features, you can't see his eyes, he gives john choices, has a son, when you meet him he is usually putting out a "fire" or quelling "hell", and he knows where John will be buried.

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

June 21st, 2010, 4:08 pm

XBL GamerTag: WildWest Reaper
PSN ID: BigPhilW
I decided to play through the single player campaign from the beginning again and decided to test out what would happen if I tried to kill the mystery man instead of just doing what he says. At first I just tried unloading on him, but he pulled out a gun of his own and took about 10 shots from my repeater without going down. I decided to try again with a different plan. I lassoed and hogtied him this time and shot him about 5 times or more in the head with my repeater before he finallly died. I don't know if there will be any consequence to this, or if he'll just show up again later like nothing happened. Maybe I'll just go through the whole game without seeing him again. I'll let you know.

My Gamercard

July 3rd, 2010, 3:37 pm

XBL GamerTag: ClintEaststick
If you do this he drops a cattleman revolver with 6 ammo, and then if you leave and come back he will just be there again.

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

July 3rd, 2010, 7:45 pm

XBL GamerTag: WildWest Reaper
PSN ID: BigPhilW
You're right. He's back like nothing happened. I was hoping for some kind of change to the game.

My Gamercard

July 4th, 2010, 7:53 am

XBL GamerTag: gtR4ZRB4CK
i agree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcJKVyIXDKk

August 28th, 2010, 1:56 pm

PSN ID: Drunk_Shotz
well that sucks... I was gonna try it but thanks to you I dont have to!

September 12th, 2010, 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]