View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Multiplayer or Single player? 

Whats the first thing you'll play when you get RDR?
Single Player 86%  86%  [ 30 ]
Multiplayer 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 35

Multiplayer or Single player? 

XBL GamerTag: Da420milkman
Posse Name: Punch Drunk Posse
Post Re: Multiplayer or Single player?
tui requiem wrote:
I think single player but, depends on haw many people that have it are on. I tend to play multiplayer when my friends are on and single when I am off at home during the week. I did not play GTA so, I may need to get a fell for the controls also.

it matters not that you havent played gtv the game engines are different.

My Gamercard

May 9th, 2010, 12:42 am

XBL GamerTag: Morlizer
Posse Name: Nacho's
Sheriff wrote:
tui requiem wrote:
I think single player but, depends on haw many people that have it are on. I tend to play multiplayer when my friends are on and single when I am off at home during the week. I did not play GTA so, I may need to get a fell for the controls also.

it matters not that you havent played gtv the game engines are different.

No they are not, the both games are built on Euphoria and RAGE engine. Still the feel of aiming might differ becouse of diferent sensitivity settings. There is allways autoaim that gets you started :wink

My Gamercard

May 9th, 2010, 5:01 am

PSN ID: kakashisb
at the start just single player that is awsome (i can say it with no doubts :shoot ), then after getting a lot of singleplayer experience i will go online and make posses and that kind stuff. if you want do add me my psn is kakashisb, lets play :cheers

May 11th, 2010, 4:09 pm

XBL GamerTag: The Phonebooth
Single for sure...Single will have slightly more content to play with, as well as the story.But ofc,Multi directly after :cool3

My Gamercard

May 15th, 2010, 5:22 pm

I don't really have much of a option, I have to play the single player first as I don't have the internet connection to allow me to play online right now, but I should hopefully have a much better internet connection by the first of June(which also happens to be my 18th birthday and yes... one of the main reasons that I'm upgrading my internet is because of Red Dead Revolution).

May 15th, 2010, 7:00 pm

XBL GamerTag: The Phonebooth
Alex wrote:
I don't really have much of a option, I have to play the single player first as I don't have the internet connection to allow me to play online right now, but I should hopefully have a much better internet connection by the first of June(which also happens to be my 18th birthday and yes... one of the main reasons that I'm upgrading my internet is because of Red Dead Revolution).

That sucks man..but the story will keep you for that little time in between

My Gamercard

May 16th, 2010, 3:06 pm

XBL GamerTag: Da420milkman
Posse Name: Punch Drunk Posse
Single player for me im not even on live yet.

Credit card still coming in mail.

My Gamercard

May 16th, 2010, 11:06 pm

XBL GamerTag: Zack Ronin
PSN ID: Zack Sparda
I've dabbled in the multiplayer a bit, enough to get up to about level 17 or so. I just finished the single players main story early tonight. That was quite a shocking ride, and the way it ended was jaw dropping, only way I can describe it. Now to get to Multiplayer quite a bit more, look forward to seeing you all there.

May 22nd, 2010, 1:24 am

XBL GamerTag: Fancynickers
(single player)

personally, i don't really enjoy the multiplayer... it's a little boring to me. Maybe it's just because no one's ever in my little... domain? i guess? oh well, i like single player. it suits me just fine.

My Gamercard

June 22nd, 2010, 8:34 am

Never actually enjoyed Multi-player on consoles, so sort of a "hassle" to contact with people, due to writing and so on, and limited options.

Computer > Multiplayer! (Voip, keyboard, commands, tweaks i.e)

Singleplayer games is also enjoyed mostly on the PC, due to my new setup, which is both consoles x3-> Except exclusive games only one of the console platforms. These include:

Red Dead Redemption
Metal Gear Solid series
Uncharted series
Halo series
Final Fantasy XIII
Grand Theft Auto, until SA/GTA IV was released on the PC.

It's more like the eye candy for me, and I enjoy playing keyboard/mouse, as I've been nerdraging World of Warcraft since release, probably something sticks there.

Even though, it's a long time since I actually played my console, and when RDR was out, it was definitely a difference control-wise, great for a change.

I just fired up the singleplayer, didn't touch the multiplayer until end, and 20% of another new-game.

The multiplayer is somewhat hilarious, especially the "Casual - Normal Aim" matches, they are "lame" to put it briefly, auto aim in multiplayer? Come on.

If you want to enjoy the multiplayer of the game, play the Expert Aiming mode, at least it's a "real" multiplayer, and not the "Normal" where you lock on, lift your aim up slightly and get a headshot on everything.

June 24th, 2010, 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next