View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2018, 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How woud you rate Red Dead? 

How Would you rate RDR?
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
7 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
8 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
9 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
10 45%  45%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 33

How woud you rate Red Dead? 

XBL GamerTag: ClintEaststick
Post Re: How woud you rate Red Dead?
8/10

Its the game i've always dreamed of and the campaign almost reached the level of emotion i got out of COJ1&2, i've always wanted and dremt about a western where you can do whatever you want, but After thinking about it and playing i wish it was set farther back between 1873-1885 because that was the real west, no stupid cars and stuff.

Besides that i would give it a 9/10 but after becoming legendary and discovering the utterly and completely, excuse me, retarded selection of multiplayer characters i was rather dissapointed, there are only 2-3 multiplayer characters that look like half way decent non-homosexual old west characters and you look at em thinking, hmm he looks cool then you get em out and they have those gay ass 2 color pants!!!

The legenday characters should been remakes of famous western stars with different names,

Clinty Westboard

Yell Bummer

Hank founda

I know Rstar has a reputation to live up to of funny things in games and this would work perfectly! The names are slightly humerous and it would have drawn better response from the players, what was going through Rstars head!??!?!

OR

they could have gone the simplilist, coolest, and completely obviouse way and simply made them characters from the singleplayer such and landon rickets, marshal johnson, and john marston!!

I cant begin to express how much i think Rockstar is mentally unstable for making them a fat old mexican women, an 8 foot tall gang member you see at EVERY gang hideout, and some random mexicans!!

WTF ROCKSTAR!!!

Furthermore, no trains in free roam, no bank robberies, and no poker or mini games with other players, its like

"obviously they'll have that in multiplayer, only an idiot would not put that in multiplayer!"

NOT

Besides all that its probobly one of the best games i've ever played, up there with KOTOR and the COJ series.

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

June 17th, 2010, 11:37 pm

XBL GamerTag: Fancynickers
10/10
the only couple things i would improve on are:
-better horse animation (specifically when it runs into things)
-a noticeable difference when running and sprinting
-OH! A BIG ONE! the ability to wield two pistols at the same time. i think that would be amazing.

My Gamercard

June 21st, 2010, 3:41 pm

XBL GamerTag: TUI REQUIEM
 Re: How woud you rate Red Dead?
I gave it an 8. It is a very good game with a fantastic variety of challenges an game types. It will be one of those "benchmark" games to be judged by for a long time. I would have scored it higher if it was a first person game, not that third person is bad, just my preference. :cheers

July 5th, 2010, 2:05 pm

XBL GamerTag: ClintEaststick
You're preference is important but the player may have had a harder time connecting with Marston if it was first person. Although I think a open world first person game would be awesome, it makes everything seem larger.

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

July 5th, 2010, 4:18 pm

XBL GamerTag: eLtOnI0
XFire: eltonio29
I gave it a 7.

Globally this game is excellent, especially the variety of the environments that I love contemplating and the realism of the characters (animations, behavior, appearance, ...). That's really magic.

However, and this is only a personnal opinion, it seriously misses some action.
Most of the places on the map are empty which make it far too large in the end (hunting and riding horse becomes quickly boring). Where are the nervous and long gunfights of the first Red Dead Revolver ? Here ennemies look always under-numbered comparing to the easiness of the game, and the random missions never change (preventing robberies, bounty hunting and so on).

I think this game would have been far better if all the different places on the map had been better exploited. GUN's map was small but there was not so many huge empty places for example.

Oh, and there is also the GTA like gameplay lolp But well, we can't have a smooth gameplay AND realistic animations I guess.

My Gamercard

July 8th, 2010, 3:10 am

XBL GamerTag: SquareGamerGuy
10/10

This game really sets the bar for the games coming out for the rest of the year. I think Rockstar went above and beyond with character progression, and by the last mission your really connected with John and you hang off his every work and action. That is brilliance in story telling that the RPG giants like SquareEnix could dream of.

The animations where also something to be impressed by. Take a look at the game like you just put it in to play it for the first time, watch how people move and react. Watch how john takes cover or reacts to outside stimuli. Hell just watch it rain in the game or see the heat rising off the land in the distance. Amazing.

Single player, hands down awesome.

Multiplayer does need a little work but being an online quality of the game I think this should matter little when judging the game cause this can change over night. Sure they could have added the card games (or my favorite liers dice) and maybe trains and bank robberies but I think this is what they are doing with the co-op mission packs. I think people are not taking advantage of the challenges in Free Roam. Just look at them and try to get them all with your friends FUN. Especially the Lemmings challenge with about 10 people.

Just my 2 cents.

July 8th, 2010, 7:57 am

PSN ID: Drunk_Shotz
This game is the best game I have ever played thus far. Im excited to see what the next gta game will be like and or Red Dead 3.

September 12th, 2010, 12:40 pm

I give it a 9/10 great game play, good graphics, great story the only draw back is I felt it was too short.

May 9th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2