View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 20th, 2018, 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Size of the map. 

XBL GamerTag: ClintEaststick
Post Size of the map.
I just realized that this picture>>

Says that the wolf roams 77Sq miles. Now if the Red Dead Redemption map isnt 77Sq miles thats a pretty odd number.

I think 77Sq miles is the size of RDR and wolves apparently live all over the place.

4 times San Andreas is about 55.5 square miles meaning that RDR is approx. 5.9 times the size of GTA San Andreas.

WOW!

Cant wait!

By the way, GTA's Liberty City is only 6 Sq miles, imagin that times 12.9! yea...

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

May 16th, 2010, 1:58 pm

XBL GamerTag: The Phonebooth
Post Re: Size of the map.
Holy hell 77!? :shock

I thought ign said something like 50 sumthing miles but hey ill take 77 hugegrin

My Gamercard

May 16th, 2010, 2:03 pm

XBL GamerTag: LionMyth
Wolf (canis lupus) “average roaming territory” 77 Square miles

Cougar (Puma concolor) can range up to 100 miles

Buffalo aka American Bison (Bison bison) As few as 750 bison existed in 1890. Once free roamed from northern Mexico to northern Canada. Herds migrated over 100 miles.

The wolf graphic “77 sq. miles” might be a map reference, though I’d guess it would be the smallest region of the three. Look at Lake Don Julio posted by dartheric. It looks ‘bout mile across, making that one region about 77 sq miles...give or take

May 16th, 2010, 4:23 pm

No matter which is true its going to be epically huge!

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

May 16th, 2010, 5:05 pm

XBL GamerTag: The Phonebooth
LionMyth wrote:
Wolf (canis lupus) “average roaming territory” 77 Square miles

Cougar (Puma concolor) can range up to 100 miles

Buffalo aka American Bison (Bison bison) As few as 750 bison existed in 1890. Once free roamed from northern Mexico to northern Canada. Herds migrated over 100 miles.

The wolf graphic “77 sq. miles” might be a map reference, though I’d guess it would be the smallest region of the three. Look at Lake Don Julio posted by dartheric. It looks ‘bout mile across, making that one region about 77 sq miles...give or take

Too much info there for me to take in..still gonna be a great game lol

My Gamercard

May 16th, 2010, 5:15 pm

XBL GamerTag: Da420milkman
Posse Name: Punch Drunk Posse
 Re: Size of the map.
dont get your hopes up so much. I saw real gameplay he looked at the map, while i also watched the minimap, the icon goes pretty fast.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF IF YOU THINK ITS GONNA BE THE SIZE OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT YOUR MISTAKEN.

All this talk on how huge got my brain to think big, it looks almost the size of fallouts first map. Fall-out is the same thing as this, but in western with perks and pops.

The size of the map looks to be almost 150% of fallouts map to a max of 250%

Not that huge but not small eather, besides that its worth the buy becuase nothing but updates can come from this. New maps and they cannot go but bigger from here. They cannot go smaller.

Buy the game its huge not too huge, but not small eather. Next Red Dead will be a very popular title, just imagion this is Grand Theft Auto 2 of our western.

I cant imagion how great the next title of red deads gonna be.

My Gamercard

May 16th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Always such a downer Sheriff!

May 16th, 2010, 7:13 pm

XBL GamerTag: scatteredashes
PSN ID: DynamitesNeon
Don't worry about him Darth. The map is perfectly sized.

My Gamercard

May 19th, 2010, 8:55 pm

XBL GamerTag: Morlizer
Posse Name: Nacho's
The importance is the details, i dont want a map that is biggest in the world filled with nothing. Oblivion sized map is one good example of ballance. Beside in the end you fasttravel becouse it's allmost to big. How is the day/night switch?

My Gamercard

May 20th, 2010, 1:33 am

I think the map is MASSIVE and just the right size because i find my self 8-9 hours into the game play and i just did the assault on fort mercer, and i've only travled cross country a few times since i always build a camp and fast travel since its so huge.

Perfect size, best game i have ever played, cant get enough of it!

They took every single western cliche and put it into the game then found a hundred or more other things that make the game fun, simply fantastic. hugegrin

May 20th, 2010, 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next